Sunday, March 15, 2009

Computers and Passwords

Please don't mind me ranting and raving for a bit.
But I have a personal hatred for computers and passwords.

I'll start with passwords.
First of all - every website requires a password, usually with different specifications. Some need a capital letter or a number, a certain number of digits, or all of the above. Then there are those that require you to change your password every 90 days. How is one supposed to keep track of all these passwords?! So you end up writing them down. How is that safe??

Then, if you can't access a site because you forgot your password, you have to remember the clues you answered when you first signed up for access. How do I know what my favorite TV show was back then?

Plus, I recently tried to access a website and couldn't remember my password of course. So they said they'll send it to my email address. Well this is an email address that I used in college and of course don't remember the password to! So now I have to contact the IT desk at the college I used to go to in order to reactivate my email account and create a new password just so I can access the original website. Whew!

There's got to be an easier way.

And now for computers.
I think my computer is the slowest thing on the planet. I mean what is it doing exactly? Computers don't need to think or contemplate so they should be able to act on the commands you type into the keyboard. Or am I wrong? But my computer seems to have a vendeta against me. (Maybe it's because I can't remember my passwords. Or maybe it's because I let my baby bang on the keyboard and put it crazy commands it can't follow.) Regardless, the work I need to get done take 3-4 times the amount of time just because I am waiting for my computer to load the page.

There's got to be an easier way...

All comments and suggestions for curing my frustration are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment